Resurrection Of Virginia Beach Beast Track Monster Truck!

by Wes Kibble on March 20, 2010

In response to our article last week wondering where all the tank monster trucks from the 80’s went to, here is the rebuild of the Virginia Beach Beast! According to the thread at Monster Mayhem , the monster is going through a complete rebuild. It looks like it will take a lot of work, but I know that fans around the nation will be happy to see the beast when it is done!

Robbie Williams May 9, 2010 at 7:21 pm

I’m the owner of the Beast now,We nearly have it finshed please let me know if you would like me to post updates on the restoration of the beast! Please check us out our fanpage at http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=10150098653905541

offroadaction May 10, 2010 at 8:24 am

Hey Robbie, thanks for the input! It looks like the monster is coming along great! Please keep posting updates. Do you mind if I steal some photos from FB to do another article farther along?

Robbie Williams May 10, 2010 at 11:40 am

You may use anything you would like please just credit. Realy happy to see so many people happy about the beas coming back!

Curtis Guise December 29, 2015 at 12:21 pm

Robbie, Not sure if you will see this but I wanted to see if you ever finished the restoration and have any updated photos or videos? I tried emailing you but the email bounced.

michael johnson kingsport tennessee July 30, 2010 at 11:22 pm

I remember this truck as a little boy the first and only time it came to our local track which is closed now but it was with bigfoot and gravedigger and a couple others back in 87 or 88 maybe 86,But I remember it was the wildest thing I had ever seen.And if you can find any details on the year and photos the name of the track is kingsport speedway and the track was dirt back then.Can’t wait to see her up and running again.And hope to see her around the tri cities again one day.Thanks for restoring a wonderwal memory of few of my child hood and so many others too.

Wes Kibble August 5, 2010 at 9:30 pm

It sounds like they are making pretty good progress. With all the old monster trucks being restored, I can forsee an old school show coming up!

Zakk Swayze October 1, 2010 at 7:35 am

God i love old Monster Trucks!! I have around 20 Older Videos with this truck in it lol

Rodabradford June 17, 2013 at 9:49 pm

Fascinating! The basis of the beast is almost certainly an M5 Stuart (Honey in British service), a WWII reconnaissance tank. Tanks like that had to be fast and agile, but I doubt the M5’s designers ever thought their baby would go through the paces the Virginia Beast has been put through! Good luck with the restoration.