Looking For Dave Shoppe Desert Race Photos

by Wes Kibble on June 29, 2010

We are looking for older Dave Shoppe photos? He raced desert races for a number of years and drove both Chevrolet and Ford Class 8 race trucks. Can you help us?

phil July 14, 2010 at 5:41 pm

I might be able to put u in touch with him for those photos.

offroadaction July 14, 2010 at 7:38 pm

Phil, that would be awesome if you could! I would love to be able to chat with him or at least get some more photos.

Phil July 16, 2010 at 1:50 pm

Ill have to get ahold of him and see if it would be ok for me to give you his contact # or e-mail. also you might keep a look out for him end of this year or maybe the start of next. he is coming out of retirement. he is going to be running a ford rapter.

Cindy Bandfield July 15, 2011 at 9:22 pm

Phil my son who is now 30 years old adored Dave Shoppe whe he raced off road. If you could please get in touch with him and let him know my son would like to send him the scrapbook that he created back then. We think he would really enjoy it. My son’s name is Danny Bandfield let him know that we are the ones that made the rc truck that looked like his general tire truck. Look forward to hearing back from you.

john mansperger August 10, 2011 at 8:05 pm

Cindy
I still have the rc truck ….I still love it.. send me your info at jmnjohn@verizon.net and i will give it to dave .. p.s. I will send you some pics of our raptor race truck we hope to be racing by the end of the year …. thx john ..

Patrick October 29, 2015 at 5:49 pm

I have a great pic of Dave what I believe is the 1983 Fireworks 250. This is an amazing picture and probably one of the best Dave has ever seen. Are you still looking for pics?

Curtis Guise October 30, 2015 at 2:03 pm

Yes that would be great.

Patrick November 3, 2015 at 8:26 am

This was from the 1984 Fireworks 250 and I was 13 at the time when I took the picture. I had this 8×10 enlargement since 06/1985 and it hangs on my garage wall. It remains one of my favorite pictures I’ve ever took.

I have the negatives and will have to find them as I have a great pic of the landing and of Frank “Scoop” Vessel hitting the same jump.