Nissan Patrol 4W60

by Wes Kibble on March 22, 2011

In 1950, the Japan government sent out a tender for Toyota, Mitsubishi and Nissan to build a “Jeep” like vehicle. In the end, Mitsubishi won by building an exact replica of the Willys Jeep CJ-3B. However, Nissan and Toyota liked their prototypes so much that they went on to mass produce them. This was the beginning of the infamous Toyota Land Cruiser and Nissan Patrol.

The Nissan Patrol 4W60 begin production in September 1951. The look was a little different in their prototype. In fact, it looked more like a Jeep than the prototype. However, it was larger in height, width and length. It also came with a 75 hp side valve 3760cc 6 cylinder engine, compared to the 60hp four cylinder found in the Willys. The 4W60 Nissan Patrol was in production until August 1955, when it was replaced by the 4W61 Nissan Patrol. Via EWillys.com

Mauro October 29, 2011 at 4:32 pm

I’m from Brazil and I have a 1955 Nissan Patrol L4W60. A few years ago I have created a discussion group on Yahoo!Groups to share everything about this vehicle. Please, reader, if you know someone who would be interested on this information, note him to contact me or visit the group website http://br.groups.yahoo.com/group/nissan_patrol_50s/

Thanks,
Mauro
zart@cpovo.net

Sylvia Andrews November 28, 2011 at 11:50 pm

I have one taking up space in my garage that I want to sell. No one around here is going to restore it.

Mauro November 30, 2011 at 4:22 am

Hi Sylvia!

Where are you from? Can you send to my email photos of your Patrol? What year is it?

Thanks,
Mauro
zart@cpovo.net

roberto nasser December 8, 2013 at 7:35 am

dear sylvia,

i don’t know if the nissan patrol still exists, but i would like to be informed where the car is. in brazil ? please tell me. thanks

hector ruiz August 7, 2012 at 8:27 am

Hola Silvia where are you located?

Mauro in which city of brasil do you live?

Hector

Mauro Bonilha August 22, 2012 at 3:36 pm

Hi Hector!

I saw you sent me a message to my private e-mail few days ago. I’ll be answering you threre too. But, for now, I can antecipate and tell you that I’m from the city of Porto Alegre, state of Rio Grande do Sul (it is in southern Brazil).

I hope other people can read these messages and be in contact with us.

Thank you!

Mauro
zart@cpovo.net

m August 23, 2016 at 2:05 pm

I have a 1957 4w61… anyone still active on this topic?