Do You Remember The Godzilla Monster Truck?

by Wes Kibble on November 27, 2011

Do you remember the Godzilla monster truck? Anyone out there have more photos that they want to share? What was your favorite monster truck from the 80s? Photo via Monster Mayhem

Jeff October 27, 2012 at 8:52 pm

This truck blew its motor on East Matunuck Beach in RI in the 1980’s. That was the last of I heard of this truck

greenguy December 13, 2012 at 12:41 pm

yes i do,
I was in denver then helping my cousin and his friend in the dry cleaning plants,
I got the may or june Issue of 4 wheel and off road,
godzilla was on the fron cover story,
I was looking for pics of the truck, and now I found it.
Godzilla was done tastefully in the aqua green, and chrome wheel’s with chrome lightbar on back, and tilt bed and hood.
with chrome sidepipe’s,
i think it was better looking than any of the truck’s out there outside of Awesome Kong with the Allison V-12 in the bed,

Ken April 2, 2013 at 11:18 am

I actually helped Alvin with the hydrolics on that truck. Those were some fun days. Sadly Al SR has passed away.

keith March 11, 2015 at 1:29 pm

Has any one seen where this truck has gone to? I am one of the three who bought it off of the Thurber’s in 2005. I’d like to find it again

Curtis Guise March 11, 2015 at 2:00 pm

Thanks for posting Keith. Do you have any pictures of it you can share?

Alvin Thurber October 31, 2015 at 5:36 pm

I am the original owner I would love to find where in California or about it lives I would like to buy it back put it back to original get in monster truck museum this is one of the early and 7th monster trucks built I still have mini gas powerd godzilla for the grand kids if anybody knows any information it would be very thankful for any one to email anytime thank you Alvin Thurber original owner and builder of godzilla monster truck

Curtis Guise November 1, 2015 at 11:22 pm

Thanks for commenting Alvin. Maybe someone will see this that knows where it is. If you have any old photos you can share I would love to post them here on the site. Maybe that would help get more exposure and we can find where it is.