This immaculate 1980 Toyota 4×4 went through a complete restoration and sold on eBay near Greenville, SC for $19,600. The owner did an amazing job making it look and drive like it just drove off the lot. Check out the photos and details about the build:
A before photo of the 1980 Toyota.
- Every bolt was replaced with new stainless steel hardware
- Structural bolts were replaced with new zinc plated hardware, i.e. Body Mount bolts.
- Less than 20 proprietary (OEM) bolts were restored to original condition and reused.
- New windshield and rubber seals
- New rear window rubber seals
- New OEM toyota window seals, door seals, lock gaskets, side mirrors, exterior door handles & gaskets, side marker lights and seals, gas cap, new body seals and gaskets, windshield washer arms.
- New aftermarket headlight doors and grill.
- All original Toyota emblems were reused (front emblem was Plasti-dipped black which can be removed if you like original look)
- New Headlights
- Front bumper sand blasted and powder coated
- Vent window frames sand blasted and powder coated
- Paint has a few small chips and scratches mostly related to contact during reassembly or kids in the garage.
- Rebuilt 20R engine with 11,000 miles
- High Compression 20R engine from a Toyota RV with double row timing chain giving you great power and reliability.
- New aftermarket radiator
- New Weber 32/36 K746 Carburetor kit
- LC Engineering EGR block plate, EGR crossover plate, Intake manifold block kit
- New hoses, belts, rotor, cap, spark plugs, wires, gaskets and seals
- Block stripped and painted
- New battery
- New starter
- New alternator
- New engine mounts
- New transmission mounts
- New Toyota OEM heater valve
- New windshield washer tubing
- Cowl cover powder coated and secured with stainless screws
- Wagner aftermarket cat-back exhaust with new hangers
- Every bolt was replaced with new stainless steel or original OEM bolts were reused when condition warranted it.
- New OEM Toyota dash pad, steering column covers, inside door handles, inside door pulls (FJ40 style), inside door locks, headliner, sunvisors, sunvisor clips, passenger grab handle, transfer case shift information label (on glove box).
- SR5 Steering wheel
- SR5 Gear Shift Knob
- Aftermarket ARB plastic door panels.
- Marathon Seat Cover (custom made).
- New heavy pile carpet
- All gauges, speedometer and lights function as designed
- New accelerator cable
- New speedometer cable
- Heater box rebuilt with new foam, lubricated and reinstalled for tight airflow and good sealing.