>The DKW Munga was a DKW-branded off-road vehicle built by Auto Union in Ingolstadt, Germany. “MUNGA” is an acronym of the German phrase “Mehrzweck UNiversal Geländewagen mit Allradantrieb”, which translated means “multi-purpose universal cross-country car with all-wheel drive”.
I was reading an article on Hooniverse the other day where they asked their readers what was the best automotive feature ever produced. Their was some great comments and some that left my head shaking. As for me, here is my top 5.
1. Electric starter: Honestly, can you imagine having to hand crank your engine to start it?
2. Power Steering: I may get heckled by some of the old school guys here, but seriously…power steering is one of the best inventions ever! I had one truck with manual steering and hated it.
3. Transfer Case: The transfer case allowed vehicles to have four wheel drive. And your love of 4×4′s is why you are reading this website, right?
4. Cup Holders: My last truck did not have cup holders. Sometimes the coffee or water was balanced between my legs. Sometimes in a shoe or between junk that I piled on the bench seat to hold the drink. When I was shopping for my latest vehicle, easy to access cup holders were a deal breaker.
5. Air Conditioning: This is another one that I expect will not go over well. In fact, my Jeep does not have air conditioning. But I do not live in Florida or Arizona. I cannot imagine being stuck in Miami traffic without air conditioning.
So, what do you think of the list? What are your top five automotive features?